Building Online Communities with Jeremiah Owyang
written by Steven on April 10, 2008
Jeremiah Owyang Interview Take Aways:
- Power has shifted to the participants.
- Conversations = marketplace. Corporations shouldn't miss out because they're scared of giving away control.
- Understand the difference between marketing and community managers.
- Should you build your own social network? Or join others like Facebook, Twitter, MySpace, etc.?
- Your brand doesn't have to be the face of your community presence, instead empower your employees or supporters.
- Widgets and social networks aren't going anywhere.
- Don't just hype yourself, show value. What problem did you solve? That sticks more than fluff.
Business Owners: save hours per week with LessAccounting. It's like Quickbooks, just not total shit.